生姜ラーメン みづの (Mizuno in Asahikawa, Hokkaido)

生姜ラーメン みづの


Ramen road trip!

I took my motorcycle up to Hokkaido for a few weeks, something I try and do every summer. While Tokyo is hot and humid, Hokkaido drops a few degrees and gets rid of that pesky humidity. 


These trips are almost always based around my other job, and I happened to be needed in Asahikawa. Not a problem. Asahikawa has some of the best ramen in Japan, and there are a few shops I still wanted to try.


Mizuno is very un-Asahikawa. The local ramen is known for blending tonkotsu and shoyu. This ginger ramen is old school and feels like it should be in some back alley chukasoba joint in Yokohama.


A very good slurp.


This is Hokkaido, and that means you can usually get miso, shio, and shoyu all at the same place. Go for that ginger-spiked shoyu though, that's the one.


The rich and the famous love it.


To be honest, I loved it, but Asahikawa has a few must-hit shops before you venture to the north side of town for this one.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mochi Ramen Bar in Vienna, Austria

Tomita at Narita Airport

山為食堂 (Yamatame Shokudo in Wakayama)